April 28, 2009

A Getaway

We decided we needed a little getaway.  I am tired of the boys just wanting to play the Wii and watch Cartoon Network all day!  They seem to think that that is the only fun thing to do around the house and when I don't allow it, they wine at me all day long!  They are struggling with their creativity these days and it has been such nice weather outside.  So, to get them out of the house, we decided to go down to the cabin at the property for the weekend.  Grandpa joined us on Friday and took Dakota down early with him.  As soon Daxton was out of school, we left to join them.  Grandpa and Dakota greeted us on the four-wheeler at the exit.  After checking out all the new improvements (the lodge and the dock) we pulled out the BBQ to cook up some hotdogs for dinner.  Later, we lit a fire and roasted marshmallows for s'mores.  Grandpa left when it was time to get some sleep; at least try (hoping Aubriella would not be up all night).  She actually slept really well, and I felt like I got caught up on my sleep from the night before.  On Saturday we just let the boys play around, and we took turns giving them rides on the four-wheeler.  It was so peaceful and relaxing (a nice change for me).  The boys seemed to get along much better with a whole lot less arguing and wining.  We will definitely be doing this a lot more often.  

On the way home, we stopped by Mike and Kelsey's new house.  They still had everything in boxes but it looked like a great place.  I think they will love it there.  The boys sure enjoy spending time with Alex and Wes. 

The boys found a furry friend and they watched it throw dirt out of its hole and pick weeds that it hauled back down. 


Aubriella-snug as a bug!


The boys had a stick race down the river.  Here they are throwing them in to start the race.  Matt threw a stick in for me and mine won!


Matt gave the boys a lesson in tent building.....


I watched....


...and they were so proud of their tent.


5 comments:

steveandval said...

That looks like so much fun. We are excited to come see all the new things and play with the kids!

bzmom24 said...

I think this is exactly what Gary and Laura had in mind! :)

Bryce and Camilla said...

Oh, how fun! It was so fun there last year at the reunion! You guys look like you had a blast!

Kristy said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Aubriella sure is a cutie!!

Andy and Jodi said...

I didn't know that Matt knew how to pitch a tent! (ha ha) Looks like a great time! Your baby is soooo cute!!
Jodi