November 4, 2008

Can It be true?

At 3:30 this afternoon, Matt and I headed down to the doctor's office for my ultrasound.  I had butterflies in my stomach the whole way.  I was so excited to find out if this baby would be a boy or a girl.  My mind kept thinking girl, but my logic kept saying "no way" it will definitely be a boy.  At the end of the ultrasound, she finally broke the news that it was a girl.  I kept asking, "are you sure, are you sure......if I buy something pink, is there a chance I will have to take it back?  Are you sure?"  She guaranteed me it was a girl.  It doesn't really seem like it could be real, but we are so excited!  My boys were all right, today at lunch they all said they thought it would be a baby sister.  Well, I guess we will start hunting for a girl name.  Any suggestions you have are welcome!


17 comments:

The Dollar Fam said...

YIPPEE!! We are so excited for you. Little girls are so much fun. Your blog is so cute by the way. We love you.

Analeis Paul said...

Congrats Holly & Matt!

Kristin and Jason said...

I'm so happy for you!! Good Luck!!

Morgan said...

How about Brunhilda? Or Bruneldahyde? A girl in our ward named their daughter Violet Hunny. Another named their's Sailor Blue! No joke!

Jeff and Mandy

Mandi said...

How EXCITING! Congratulations!

itsahalesofalife said...

I am so HAPPY for you guys!!!!! That is the best news. As far as the name suggestion goes I love the name Ava. Good luck with everything and I am excited to check back withyour blog in a few months and see your beautiful daughter!!

Nan said...

Holly and Matt I am tickled pink to know you get to have your little girl. I waited 7 yrs of marriage to have a girl. We love boys just as much, but we all love to have our own little girl. I bet you have been shopping for lots of pink things, I would have. I really am so thrilled. For names, I know there is a cute women on fox news, with the name Ainsley Earhart. I can't wait till she is here, March needs to come fast. right. We love you guys so much. I love your little guys too. Kiss them for me. Love Aunt Nan

Anonymous said...

AAAAAHHHHHH!! Aunt Laura texted us! We are so excited for you guys! :>

Erin said...

YAY!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you! Have fun shopping for all those pink, frilly things!!

Kristy said...

YEAH!! I'm so happy your getting your little girl!! That is so awesome. If I was standing next you, I would give you a big hug! LOL. Little girls are SO MUCH FUN!! I'm gonna have twice the fun, now that were getting another little girl. :0)

steveandval said...

Good Job Holly

steveandval said...

Dad and I are soooooo excited for you and Matt

Andy and Jodi said...

Hip hip hooray! Congrats! Girls are so fun to shop for, so go nuts!

The Mattingly Family said...

I was so happy to hear your great news from my mom. I bet you are so excited. Congrats and hope to see you soon.

Jake Walker said...

Congratulations Holly! I can only imagine how cute she will be! Yay for you guys! I am coming up for Christmas. Let's get a group of girls together and do lunch sometime.

Jake Walker said...

Okay, so I just posted on Jake's account. This is Tiff. My bad. Whoops!

Tamara said...

Congrats you two. Girls are way too fun. Of course, I would take another boy but who can choose what you get...right? Have fun with her. She will be spoiled rotten...as she should be!!!